Monday, August 8, 2011

Oak Lawn Immigration Attorney | Petitioning For A Family Member

This is going to be a quick post, but it is based on the frustration that I am finding with the job other attorneys have done with them. I have had a number of clients come into my office, asking about their petition for alien relative. It is mostly brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens who come to me and ask about the status of their I-130. I let them know that the priority date is what is crucial for these petitions. When they look through their paperwork for the priority date, I notice that they did not file a I-485 Application for Permanent Resident Status. I ask them how they applied, and the response was always: WITH AN ATTORNEY! I could not believe it. It is crucial that you speak to an attorney who handles immigration law. In most cases, you should file both your alien relative petition and your permanent resident card at the same time. This will expedite your permanent resident card approval and the time needed to become a full U.S. citizen. Speak to a qualified attorney by calling the Law Office of Jonathan W. Cole at (708) 529-7794.

Law Office of Jonathan W. Cole
5013 W. 95th St.
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
(708) 529-7794

No comments:

Post a Comment